Monday 8 December 2014

Berry and Banana Smoothie

Hello everyone :) this smoothie is literally one of the best things I’ve ever tasted in my life and I can’t wait to share it with you all! I saw a picture of it on an Instagram account and I’ve finally mastered the ingredients! I have this for breakfast some mornings because it’s so quick and easy to make. It’s also really filling and full of goodness YAY!

It has 2 layers – the top is banana and mango and the bottom is berries. The amounts of the ingredients isn’t exact because I guestimate every time I make it! I think that’s why this smoothie is so good because you can adjust to what ever you like the most.

Ingredients and steps:
Red layer:
  • A handful of frozen berries (I just use the frozen packs you can buy from any supermarket, my favorite is the variety pack so you can get blue berries, strawberries and raspberries – but if you prefer you can just have 1 type its entirely up to you!)
  • Roughly 2 table spoons of strawberry yoghurt (if you are trying to be super healthy you can use the fat free type)
  • 100-200 ml of milk
  • Put it all in a blender and BLEND!
  •  Pour into a nice glass and rinse the blender for the yellow layer

Yellow layer:
  • A handful of frozen mango cut into cubes (I buy the ready cut frozen packets)
  • 1 Banana (if it’s a huge one half will be fine)
  • Roughly 2 table spoons of natural yoghurt (sometimes I use vanilla and it’s also just as good!!)
  • 100-200ml milk
  • Put it in the blender and BLEND!
  • Pour it gently on top of the red layer
  • If you want you can cut the rest of the banana into little pieces and put it on the top.

*A big tip is if you want the layers to be split in half like in the picture you have to make sure the bottom layer is thicker than the top layer because otherwise the top just sinks to the middle, it still tastes just the same but it looks a lot better that’s all hahaha

Thanks so much
Becs xx

No comments:

Post a Comment