Tuesday 30 December 2014

catching up on life


I just graduated high school and got my results yesterday. To be honest I wasn’t that nervous when I thought about the day I’d get them, and I wasn’t nervous until I opened the page and had to click on “get ATAR” – then I was terrified. I suddenly felt this tumbling feeling as I realized that 2 numbers were so important. There is so much hype surrounding results and too much pressure to succeed. I worked hard last year and my results show that and obviously I’m stoked but now that everything is over I have started to feel a sense of so what? Now what do I do.  I got good results but what does that mean? My 12 years of schooling led me to here and dropped me off. I’m on a family holiday in England visiting family and friends and they all ask me the same question “what’s your plan for next year”. I hate that question because I literally have no idea!! If I still lived in England I would still have another 6 months of school and I don’t think I could handle it… too many boring powerpoints and endless minutes spent wishing the clock would move faster, constantly counting down to 3.25, running to always miss the bus, making up excuses why I didn’t do my homework, praying for a relief teacher, dreading exams, too many nights cramming for a test that I promised I’d actually study for etc but then a part of me wishes I did have school, I want to feel the safety of knowing what to do everyday, have a reason to see my friends, laugh at lunch, make too much noise in the library, not having to worry about what uni to pick. Feeling in a torn mood today think I’m in-between emotions or something… thought I’d share a few photos from England where I’ve been visiting family. x


Somewhere near Dubai 
if you look closely you can see the car stuck on the drive!! 


The AMAZING view from a cafe 

No comments:

Post a Comment