Monday 8 December 2014

Chai Tea Thermomix

 Hey everyone! Today I made this really simple Chai Tea in a thermomix. The recipe was so simple and it literally took me 10 minutes (I timed myself haha). It’s such a great little drink to have if you’re feeling hungry before dinner! I looooove tea and sometimes I get a little bored of the same old drink and this was so refreshing! I used to drink the Nestle chai lattes that came in the sachets and this was honestly so much better. I felt really healthy because I knew exactly what was inside!


My mum finally caved and bought a thermomix a few months ago and at first I was a little doubtful mostly because of the price, but I have been really pleasantly surprised! I really like it for making drinks like this and other smoothies and stuff. If any of you guys would like to see any reviews or any other recipes comment below and let me know!!

It has 116 calories per cup (489 kJ) .

Ingredients
  • 1/4 teaspoon cardamon seeds
  •  1 cinnamon quil
  • 500g water
  • 300g milk 
  • 3 whole cloves
  • 5 tsp black tea leaves (I just got 2 Yorkshire tea teabags and cut them open and used them)
  • 50-70g caster sugar or honey (I used 70g honey and it was heaven)
  • Sieve (my sieve has a hole in it which isn’t ideal hahaha so that’s why on the picture you can see a few tiny specks that didn’t get caught but its fine)

 Steps
  • Get the cardamom seeds and the cinnamon quill and put them into the mixing bowl of the thermomix and mill for about 30 seconds on speed 9
  • Add the water, milk, cloves, tea leaves and sugar/honey and cook for 9 minutes at 80oC on speed 3
  • Drain the tea through the sieve into a jug or something heat proof


Thanks so much

Becs xx

No comments:

Post a Comment